Tuesday 12 January 2010

Wordsworth lived here

Christmas has passed and I feel as if I've eaten more than I should.

Tt7_1

What should I do? I know.......
I'll take a brisk walk down a snowy lane to the village of Grasmere.

Behinddove_1

 In no time at all I'll find myself outside
the prettiest little ancient dwelling known as Dove Cottage...

Dovecottage_1

.... the one time home of William Wordsworth.


Grasmere_1

And here is the view from Mr Wordsworth's parlour window.
Wordsworthhotel_1 

I wonder what he would have thought about it?
Well ...all that walking makes a bear quite hungry.

IMG_1819_1

Just enough time to feed the ducks and swans and then....

Tt4_1

......back home for a tasty snack before tea!
By the way, my name is Toffee Ted and Eli has just listed my pattern in her Etsy shop.

And here is the large hotel named after the famous poet