Sunday 6 October 2013

Pinning and stitching

Greetings friends. I've just popped in to let you know I'm still here and have been busy sewing for the past few weeks. I'm still in love with freestyle machine embroidery so there has been plenty of that going on.


My days of stitching have resulted in a number of pretty pin cushions being created. Some round and mushroom-shaped and others like small plump pillows.


Not content with making pin cushions I decided to make some decorative beaded pins to accompany them.


I'm rarely without a pin cushion by my side these days as I always seem to be pinning or stitching something.


Above is one of my small rounded pin cushions. A pretty occasional cushion to keep on the dressing table perhaps.

Below is a what I would call a working pin cushion. I keep one like this beside the sofa where I knit and have filled it with all the bits and pieces I use regularly when designing patterns.


The linen pillow below is just as useful and together with my other pin cushions can be found in my Flutterby Stitch Etsy shop. Every pin cushion comes with beaded pins that I've carefully chosen to co-ordinate with each design.



By the end of the week I'd completed my cushions and decided I should make some greetings cards in a similar stitched style.




Of course I couldn't resist putting a cute little face popping out of this pink striped pram.

The knitters amongst you will be pleased to know I'm  plodding on with the new dolly pattern. It seems to be taking forever (possibly because I'm making two dolls). It's turned into quite a sizable project but I'm determined to get it finished in the next couple of weeks as I know many of you are keen to get your dollies knitted and ready for Christmas.